Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Silly Mountain High

We hiked today with pregnant Heather, Mike, Thomas, Emerson, pregnant April, Mason, Sabrina, and Nathan. I've never done that hike before.  I really liked it. I carried Allie the whole way because at Thanksgiving I  carried her on a different hike and I remember it being not a big deal. So instead of bringing the backpack I have for carrying her in, I wore a different backpack with water and diapers in it. And hence carried the 21 month old up the mountain. And as I'm sitting here tonight with a sore neck and shoulders, I still think it wasn't that bad...but next time I am definitely bringing the backpack! :)

I had a good time. I hiked up with Rusty and down with Lindsey. Haylee was nowhere near. She couldn't be stopped. She had to run and climb on everything and be with the older kids and thoroughly enjoy herself.

When we left, we went back to my mom's house for ham sandwiches on her homemade rolls. They were so good. Then we (I) pigged out on oranges from the Orange Patch. The kids sat and watch Aladdin and then flew helicopters at the park. The day was full and a success.

I love spending time with my family. It's so good to be with them and be reminded that these are the relationships and memories that I am trying to create with and for my own kids. Good day.






1 comment:

Linnea said...

Apparently the last picture is upside down. Ha!