Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday July 15, 2012


Even though Rusty is already missing his two front teeth, he actually officially lost his first tooth today.  It was also the first time that I helped any one of my kids get their teeth out.  I hated loosing my teeth when I was a kid.  I didn't let anyone touch them.  I didn't like the pain.  And I didn't like getting tricked!  So I have let my kids leave in ridiculously loose teeth and have never tried to pry them out.  Haylee and Lindsey have always done it themselves but today Rusty asked for some help.  Even though it was hanging on by a thread it still took several tries but finally popped out.  I asked him if it hurt while I was pulling and he very nonchalanatly tells me, "Yes".

He was very excited to put the tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy.  I'm so glad that he enthusiastically reminded me over and over again because I honestly have not been a good tooth fairy lately.  I keep going to bed and forgetting.  Haylee still hasn't gotten a dollar for her last tooth a few weeks ago.  Bah!  But not my Rusty James.  He has his very own tooth fairy, with-fairy-dust-sparkles, dollar bill under his pillow as I write.

                                                          I sure love this boy.



 



1 comment:

Heather C. said...

Cutest kids EVER!!!