Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday July 16, 2012

Today was a day.  The kids went to Sports Camp at Augusta Ranch Elementary.  This is their last week.  Today the karate people came.  One day the firemen came and sprayed the hose.  It was water day.  A yo-yo professional also made an appearance and we now have three yo-yos.  A baseball player also came once and gave each of them a sign photo of himself.  I don't know who in the heck he is but I don't watch baseball either.  They love it. 

My mom came by just before the kids got home with a car full of bread.  I am not exaggerating.  The trunk and backseat were filled.  They came from the Alpine Bread company and were rejected for imperfections in appearance.  I took six loaves, hoping that I had room in my freezer.  I did.  We had sandwiches for lunch.  Rusty made his because I refused to make it for him.  He had peanut butter, peach perserves, mayo and onion.  When he finished his sandwich, he went back and made another one.  He kept telling me how good it was and that I should try it but I totally didn't believe him.

Then we watched 'Road to Avonlea'.  It's our recent favorite.  Well, not counting Rusty.  He hates it but usually watches it with us anyway.  I took a quick, half-awake snooze until Lindsey wouldn't stop playing with my face and I had to get up.     

Then we cleaned.  Lots of fighting and cleaning.  I love summer.

We hit the park and then went to see "Mirror, Mirror" at the dollar theater for FHE.  I think I have needed a swimming break since it's what we do every day, just not today.  Instead we sat in a dark room with other people while the kids whispered in yelling voices, "Pass the popcorn!"  We were also the ones laughing really loud when no one else was because it was funny.  How come no one else was laughing?  Allie fell asleep but not until the movie ended and Lindsey cried the whole way home because she had to pee and had been holding it since the park.

Swimming used to make them tired but now it's movies.  They all went right to bed, (but not before going potty), too tired to even brush the popcorn from their teeth... and I didn't even argue.   

   

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

Love it! Why is it when I have a plan to wear my kids out its always me that comes home and crashes? Sounds like good day! Can't wait to see you again in a few more days :)